- "The Welcome Table: Casting for an Integrated Society" in Theatre Topics (Vol. 23) by Daniel Banks, Ph.D. 2013.
- “The Question of Cultural Diplomacy: Acting Ethically” in Theatre Topics, by Daniel Banks, Ph.D., 2011.
- “Youth Leading Youth: Hip Hop and Hiplife Theatre in Ghana and South Africa” by Daniel Banks, Ph.D., in Acting Together: Performance and the Creative Transformation of Conflict, vol 2, New Village Press, 2011.
- Say Word! Voices from Hip Hop Theater, a critical anthology edited and with an introduction by Daniel Banks, Ph.D., University of Michigan Press, 2011.
- “From Homer to Hip Hop: Orature and Griots, Ancient and Present” in Classical World, by Daniel Banks, Ph.D. ,2010.
- “Hip Hop Intelligences” for Second Hip Hop Education Guidebook (forthcoming) by Daniel Banks, Ph.D., 2009.
- “Hip Hop Theatre: A Call for Change” for Curtains Up!: Conflict Transformation Using Theatre, A Training Manual for War Child Holland,
by Daniel Banks, Ph.D.
- “How Hiplife Theatre Was Born in Ghana” in American Theatre by Daniel Banks, Ph.D., 2008.
- “Unperforming ‘Race’: Strategies for Reimagining Identity” by Daniel Banks, Ph.D., in A Boal Companion, Routledge, 2006.
- “Refugees in Ghana Find Their Voice in Hip Hop Culture” in Service Matters, by Daniel Banks, Ph.D., 2006.
- “Pretending To Be Something, Now Coming From Nothing,” by Adam McKinney, M.A., 2006.
- “Re-Thinking Non-Traditional Casting” by Daniel Banks in Black Masks, 2003.